Website Arab Monetary Fund
The AMF is seeking to hire a “Senior Economist”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and preparing reports related to Economic and Financial topics
- Providing training courses, workshops, and technical assistance in the fields related to the AMF work.
- Preparation of training materials and workshops organized by AMF.
- Participation in teaching and lecturing.
- Economic forecasting and analysis of the macro and sectoral impacts of economic policies.
- Active participation in the implementation of activities related to the various initiatives on the AMF.
- Technical participation in the work of committees and working groups emanating from the Council of Arab Central Bank Governors and Arab Monetary Authorities and the Council of Arab Finance Ministers, and the various economic and financial activities organized by the Fund.
- Knowledge of recent developments in the areas of the digital economy and Financial technologies.
Selection criteria an academic qualifications and experience required:
- Arab country’s citizen.
- A Ph.D. in economics from a reputable university
- 10 years of experience in areas related to the work of the Arab Monetary Fund, preferably assuming a supervisory role in central banks, ministries of finance, research centers, or similar regional and international institutions.
- Deep knowledge in data analysis, econometrics, economic modeling, and forecasting.
- Experience in the formulation of macroeconomic policies to achieve economic goals and interaction between different macroeconomic policies.
- The ability to provide in-depth economic analysis and tailor policy recommendations to support the decision-making process.
- A record of recent publications in refereed economic journals in the economic, financial, and monetary fields.
- Providing training courses in areas of specialization mentioned above.
- Deep knowledge in data analysis, econometrics, and economic modeling programs.
- Fluent in Arabic, English, and French is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.amf.org.ae.